Describe an article on health that you read from a magazine or online
- What the article was
- When and where you read it
- What you learned from the article
- Explain why you think it is a good or bad article
Band 7 Describe an article on Health, Cue Card Sample Answer.
Due to the outbreak of pandemic COVID-19, I read a lot of articles to know the symptoms of the virus as well as the precautions that are to be taken to avoid getting infected. I remember one such article that I read in my local newspaper daily excelsior just a week back.
The article was giving information on the different phases of the COVID -19 pandemic and how it is spread from person to person. It also listed down symptoms such as tiredness, fever, dry cough, and difficulty in breathing which can alert me in case I have the virus. Then the article listed down the shelf life of viruses on different mediums which was something I hadn’t seen in any other article.
It then gave steps in case we had the symptoms and what steps should we follow to avoid contagion. The article emphasized keeping the infected person in quarantine that is total isolation. It also focused on social distancing which can break the spread of the virus.
At last, the precautionary steps were given which were to wash hands 6-8 times a day for 20 seconds each, wearing a mask or using a tissue whenever we sneeze or cough. It was a very informative article that had everything about the virus.
- Pandemic – occurring over a wide geographical area /epidemic
- Contagion – infection
- Emphasized – to give special attention
- Quarantine – a situation of keeping the infected person in isolation
- Shelf life – the length of time for which article remains usable